Ammonium zinc chloride
- Zinc ammonium chloride
White, granular solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
1.23 g/cm3 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed in a well ventilated area away from food products. Keep away from heat and water.
Containers of this material may be hazardous when emptied. Since emptied containers retain product residues (vapor, liquid, and/or solid), all hazard precautions given in the data sheet must be observed.
Protect against both inhalation and absorption through the skin. Must wear protective clothing including niosh approved rubber gloves and boots, safety goggles or face mask, and a respirator whose canister is specifically approved for this material. Care must be exercised to decontaminate fully or dispose of all equipment and clothing after use.
If needed, use a NIOSH/MSHA jointly approved dust respirator.
Small Spill - Persons not wearing protective equipment should be excluded from area of spill. Material should be carefully swept onto paper. Area of spill should then be thoroughly washed to remove any residual contamination, capturing wash, and disposing of wash properly. Large Spill - Persons not wearing protective equipment should be excluded from area of spill until clean-up has been completed. Shovel material into containers. Thoroughly sweep area of spill to clean up any residual material.
Ammonia, hydrogen chloride, zinc oxide.
Extinguish fire using No data Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus with a full facepiece operated in the positive pressure demand mode with appropriate turn-out gear and chemical resistant personal protective equipment.
Overexposure to this material (or its components) has been suggested as a cause of the following effects in laboratory animals: liver abnormalities, kidney damage.
Swallowing this material may be harmful or fatal. Symptoms may include severe stomach and intestinal irritation (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), abdominal pain, and vomiting of blood. Swallowing this material may cause burns and destroy tissue in the mouth, throat, and digestive tract. Low blood pressure and shock may occur as a result of severe tissue injury.
It is possible to breathe this material under certain conditions of handling and use (for example, during heating, spraying, or stirring). Breathing this material may be harmful or fatal. Symptoms may include severe irritation and burns to the nose, throat, and respiratory tract.
Can cause severe skin irritation. Symptoms may include redness and burning of skin, and other skin damage. Additional symptoms of skin contact may include: allergic skin reaction (delayed skin rash which may be followed by blistering, scaling and other skin effects).
Can cause permanent eye injury. Symptoms include stinging, tearing, redness, and swelling of eyes. Can injure the cornea and cause blindness.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention; keep person warm and quiet. If person is not breathing, begin artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen.
Remove contaminated clothing. Flush exposed area with large amounts of water. If skin is damaged, seek immediate medical attention. If skin is not damaged and symptoms persist, seek medical attention. Launder clothing before reuse.
If material gets into the eyes, immediately flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart. If symptoms develop as a result of vapor exposure, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air before flushing as recommended above. Seek immediate medical attention.
USCG CHRIS Code