Light yellow liquid.
This material is used as an insecticide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 28 36/37 45
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
80 (0.1 torr)
1.0481 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
41.66 g/s2 (20 C)
1.543 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container.
Darkens on exposure to air.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
there is brief stimulation followed by depression as well as tremors and seizures. Headache occurs frequently. Confusion, fainting, and hallucinations have all been reported. Paralysis, weakness, and coma usually follow massive ingestion.
Initial symptoms may be irritation of the mucous membranes in the mouth, followed by vomiting which may be bloody and violent. Diarrhea and abdominal pain are uncommon occurrences.
Initially hyperpnea is common, respiratory muscle failure resulting in death may develop.
May cause skin irritation. Toxic in contact with skin.
May casue irritation.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.