- Antibiotic PA 106
- 2-(p-Methoxybenzyl)-3,4-pyrrolidinediol 3-acetate
- 3,4-Pyrrolidinediol, 2-(p-methoxybenzyl)-, 3-acetate, (2S,3R,4R)
Reported to induce apoptosis in a variety of cells including promyelocytic leukemia cells, Jurkat cells, ventricular myocytes, and colon adenocarcinoma cells. Initiates intracellular signals and immediate early gene induction. Selective signaling agonist.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Natural Product
Melting point, °C
140 - 141
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
5E-7 (25 C)
Solubility in water
2 g/L (20 C)
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store at 2-8 C
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Government approved respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Toxic. Toxic if swallowed.
Toxic if swallowed.
Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.