- Arsenic triiodide
- Arsenious iodide
- Arsenic(III) iodide
Orange-red rhombohedral crystals (from acetone). Red as a liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.015 (35 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Acids, bases, aluminum, iron, zinc, iron salts.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, iodide ions (I-), arsenic fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire, use water fog, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or regular foam.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
TLV (as As): ppm; 0.01 mg/m3 A1 (ACGIH 1997). MAK: class III A1 (1997).
O, G-A1, I-1, N-1, CP65
Prolonged exposure to iodides may produce iodism in sensitive individuals. Exposure will include: skin rash, running nose and headache.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Effects may be delayed. May cause garlic smell on the breath and body.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause severe skin irritation with possible burns, especially if skin is wet or moist.
May cause eye irritation and possible burns.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III