- Dirsenic triselenide
- Arsenic sesquiselenide
brown-black, odorless solid
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
382.35 - 383.35
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in cool, dry place. Store in a tightly sealed container
Implement engineering and work practice controls to reduce and maintain concentration of exposure at low levels. Use good housekeeping and sanitation practices. Do not use tobacco or food in work area. Wash thoroughly before eating and smoking. Do not blow dust off clothing with compressed air.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Fumes of arsenic and selenium.
Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide or water spray. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or regular foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
Containers may explode when heated.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
10 µg/m3 PEL
O, G-A1, I-1, N-1, CP65
DANGER-POISON. May cause systemic gastrointestinal and skin effects and acute arsenic poisoning. May cause chronic arsenic poisoning, gastrointestinal disturbances, liver damage and cancer/disease of the blood, kidneys and nervous system. May cause garlic odor to breath, pallor, nervousness, depression, headache, chills, fever, dyspnea, metal taste, laryngitis, bronchitis, and huskiness of the voice.
DANGER-POISON. May cause irritation to the respiratory system, garlic odor of the breath, pallor, nervousness and depression. DANGER-POISON. May cause bronchitis, chronic arsenic poisoning, ulceration of the nasal septum, liver damage and cancer/disease of the blood, kidneys and nervous system.
May cause irritation and skin abnormalities. May cause irritation, occasional ulceration, spotty pigmentation, dermatitis, skin cancer and keratoses (especially on soles and palms).
May cause irritation. May cause disturbances, such as blurred vision.
If conscious, give 1-2 glasses of milk or water and induce vomiting, call a physician immediately. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
I; II; III