Formerly used as an acaricide. Organotin compound
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
25 26 37/38 41 50/53
26 28 36/37/39 38 45 60 61
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Organometallic
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
209 - 211
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.2E-9 (25 C)
Solubility in water
0.12 mg/L (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
ELIMINATE all ignition sources. Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of NOx.
Small Fires: Dry chemical, CO2 or water spray. Large Fires: Dry chemical, CO2, alcohol-resistant foam or water spray.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Central nervous system toxicity: Headache, nausea, vomiting dizziness, sometimes convulsions and loss of consciousness. Photophobia and mental disturbances. Epigastric pain.
TOXIC; inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. See Inhalation.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.