- Cyclo[L-asparaginyl-4-hydroxy-L-prolyl-(R)-4,5-dihydroxy-L-isoleucyl-6-hydroxy-2-mercapto-L-tryptophylglycyl-L-isoleucylglycyl-L-cysteinyl], cyclic (4Æ8)-sulfide, (R)-S-oxide
White solid with a mild odor.
Inhibitor of Nuclear RNA polymerase II.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Mutagen; Natural Product
Melting point, °C
Soluble. g/cm3 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Sore in a tightly closed container and protect from moisture, light and ignition sources.
Good laboratory technique should be used when handling. Observed appropriate chemical hygiene. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not place in mouth.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
NIOSH approved respirator.
Wear protective equipment. Sweep up avoiding dust formation. Absorbent material is not necessary. Place all contaminated material into a suitable container.
Stable under normal handling and storage conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Very toxic. Symptoms are slow in onset, appearing 6-24 hours after ingestion. They include abdominal pain, blood in urine and diarrhea. Death usually results from liver or renal failure.
Very toxic. See Ingestion.
May cause irritation.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.