- 1,2,3,4,4a,7-Hexahydro-1-hydroxy-a,4a,8-trimethyl-7-oxo-2-naphthaleneacetic acid g-lactone
- Naphtho[1,2-b]furan-2,8(3H,4H)-dione, 3a,5,5a,9b-tetrahydro-3,5a,9-trimethyl-, (3S,3aS,5aS,9bS)-
Colorless flat prisms, turning slightly yellow from the action of light.
Treatment of thread worms.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Human Data; Natural Product
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
171 - 173
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1E-7 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place. Store at 2-8 C
Wear appropriate government approved respirator, chemical-resistant gloves, safety goggles, other protective clothing.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Very toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. Target organ(s): Eyes. Nerves.
TOXIC; inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. See Inhalation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.