- Basic Violet 14
- C.I. 42510
- Diabasic Magenta
- Orient Basic Magenta
- Benzenamine, 4-[(4-aminophenyl)(4-imino-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidene)methyl]-2-methyl-, monohydrochloride
C20H19N3 . HCl
Green crystalline solid, faint odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 53 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
4 g/L (25 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions. However, may decompose if heated.
Aniline is incompatible with acetic anhydride, chlorosulfonic acid, hexachloromelamine, nitric acid , nitric acid + nitrogen tetroxide and sulfuric acid, nitrobenzene and glycerine, oleum, ozone, perchloric acid + formaldehyde, perchromates, performic acid, potassium peroxide, propiolactone(beta), silver perchlorate, sodium peroxide, sulfuric acid, trichloromelamine, oxidizing materials, acids, anilinium chloride, benzenediazonium-2-carboxylate, boron trichloride, 1-chloro-2,3-epoxypropane, dibenzoyl peroxide, nitromethane, nitrous acid, and tetranitromethane.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis. Chronic inhalation and ingestion may cause effects similar to those of acute inhalation and ingestion. Prolonged exposure may cause anemia and methemoglobinemia, characterized by dizziness, drowsiness, headache, breath shortness, cyanosis, rapid heart rate and chocolate-brown colored blood. Chronic exposure can affect thyroid function. May cause pituitary gland abnormalities.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, and death. Methemoglobinemia is characterized by dizziness, drowsiness, headache, breath shortness, cyanosis with bluish skin, rapid heart rate and chocolate-brown colored blood. Exposure may cause anemia and other blood abnormalities.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, tachycardia, dyspnea, and death. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. Methemoglobinemia is characterized by dizziness, drowsiness, headache, breath shortness, cyanosis with bluish skin, rapid heart rate and chocolate-brown blood.
May cause skin irritation. May be absorbed through the skin in harmful amounts. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. If absorbed, causes symptoms similar to those of ingestion.
May cause eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
3204 13 00