- Methyl 2-[(4,6-dimethoxypyrimidin-2-yl)ureidosulfonylmethyl]benzoate
- Methyl alpha-(4,6-dimethoxypyrimidin-2-ylcarbamoylsulfamoyl)-o-toluate
- Benzoic acid, 2-((((((4,6-dimethoxy-2-pyrimidinyl)amino)carbonyl)amino)sulfonyl)methyl)-, methyl ester
Light tan solid with a sweet, woody odor.
Substance is used as a herbicide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
R: 43 51/53
S: 24 37 61
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store product in original container only. Store in a cool, dry place.
Long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Chemical resistant gloves made of any waterproof material such as polyethylene or polyvinylchloride. Shoes plus socks. Protective eye wear.
Dike spill. Prevent material from entering sewers, waterways, or low areas. Shovel or sweep up.
Stable at normal temperatures and storage conditions.
If area is heavily exposed to fire and if conditions permit, let fire burn itself out since water may increase the contamination area. Extinguish with water Fog, Foam, Dry Chemical, CO2. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus. Use water spray. Runoff from fire control may be a pollution hazard.
Not a fire or explosion hazard.
Like most organic powders or crystals, under severe dusting conditions, this material may form explosive mixtures in air.
Repeated and long term ingestion exposures with Bensulfuron Methyl caused decreased body weight, increased liver weight, pathological changes of the liver and kidneys, anemia, and altered hematology and clinical chemistry.
Single inhalation exposure caused decreased body weight with nasal and ocular discharge.
Causes substantial but temporary eye injury.
Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have a person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
No specific intervention is indicated, as the compound is not likely to be hazardous by inhalation. Consult a physician if necessary.
Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present,after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.