Clear, colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 36/37 45
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.01 (25 C)
1.0014 g/cm3 (18 C)
Solubility in water
1.5187 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong acids, strong bases, strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents.
Hydrogen cyanide, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns. May cause cardiac disturbances. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May cause tissue anoxia, characterized by weakness, headache, dizziness, confusion, cyanosis, weak and irregular heart beat, collapse, unconsciousness, convulsions, coma and death. May cause central nervous system effects.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation. May be absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. SPEED IS ESSENTIAL. A DOCTOR MUST BE NOTIFIED AT ONCE.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
2926 90 95