- Phenyl ketone
- Diphenyl ketone
White solid with a flowery odor.
Fixative for heavy perfumes, such as geranium new-mown hay, especially when used in soaps. In the manufacture of antihistamines, hypnotics, insecticides.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
dangerous for the environment
S 22 24/25
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
47 - 49
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.004 (40 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.085 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
13.61 cp (25 C)
45.1 g/s2 at 20 C
1.5975 (20 C)
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents and strong reducing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, acrid smoke and fumes.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Slight fire hazard when heated. Can react with oxidizing materials.
Animal feeding studies have resulted in liver and bone marrow damage.
Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation. Animal feeding studies have resulted in liver and bone marrow damage.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
USCG CHRIS Code
2914 39 00