Red deliquescent crystals. Slight halide odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
Splash goggles. Lab coat. Dust respirator. Be sure to use an approved/certified respirator or equivalent. Gloves.
Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Highly reactive with moisture. Reactive with acids.
Extinguish using media most appropriate for surrounding fire.
When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of hydrogen iodide.
Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. May cause diarrhea, malaise, albuminuria.
Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Thoroughly clean shoes before reuse. Get medical attention.
Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention.