- 2-Carbatrisilane, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexachloro-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
7/8 26 36/37/39 43 45
Boiling point, °C
179 - 180
Vapor pressure, mmHg
6.3 (25 C)
1.545 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.468 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place. Handle and store under nitrogen.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing. Face shield (8 inch minimum)
Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face respirator with multi-purpose combination (US) or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
Cover with dry lime or soda ash, pick up, keep in a closed container, and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Moisture sensitive. Stable if stored at recommended conditions.
Water, strong oxidizing agents.
Oxides of carbon, Hydrogen chloride gas, Silicon oxide.
Do not use water. Extinguish with carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Reacts with water to liberate flammable and/or explosive gas. Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Inhalation may result in spasm, inflammation and edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis, and pulmonary edema. Material is extremely destructive to tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract, eyes, and skin. Symptoms of exposure may include burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
May be harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. Material is extremely destructive to the tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
Causes burns. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.