Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Tumorigen; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1E-7 (25 C)
1.29 kg l-1 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Stable to heat, light, and to hydrolysis in neutral and slightly acidic or basic media.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Protective gloves and clothing. Safety goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Very stable to heat and UV light. Stable between pH 5 and 9, but hydrolyzed by strong acids and alkalis.
When heated to decomposition, it emits very toxic fumes of hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides and hydrogen cyanide.
Use method most appropriate to fight surrounding fire.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Coma was reported following ingestion of an herbicide containing atrazine, aminotriazole, ethylene glycol, and formaldehyde. Muscle tremors, tetany, and ataxia have been reported in animals following ingestions of triazine herbicides. Possibly causes malformations in human babies.
Highly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Avoid any skin contact. See Inhalation.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.
I; II; III