- Carbonic acid, cadmium salt (1:1)
White, hexagonal crystals.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep containers tightly closed. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not breathe dust.
Eyes: Wear safety glasses and chemical goggles if splashing is possible. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
NIOSH: Potential Occupational Carcinogen.
O, G-A2, I-1, N-1, CP65
Cadmium and compounds may cause lung, liver and kidney damage and lung and prostrate cancer in humans. Potential cancer hazard. Inhalation over a number of years results in chronic cadmium poisoning , a disease characterized by distinctive, nonhypertrophic emphysema wi th or without renal tubular injury. Long term exposure may also cause anemia, chronic rhinitis, yellow discoloration of the teeth and bone changes.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramps and salivation, headache, muscular cramps, vertigo and perhaps convulsions. Exhaustion, collapse, shock and death may occur usually within a period of 24 hrs if untreated. The gradual evolution of signs and symptoms of liver and kidney damage should be anticipated but are rarely seen.
Harmful if inhaled. Causes metallic taste in mouth, headache, shortness of breath, chest p ain, cough with foamy or bloody sputum, pulmonary rales and related ph ysical signs, weakness, leg pains. May cause asphyxial death from int ense pulmonary edema. Gradual resolution of pulmonary edema occurs ov er a period of a few days and development of fever with persistence of cough, chest pain and dyspnea lasts for one or more weeks. Late kidn ey and/or liver damage has followed respiratory exposures.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code