Odorless white powder or white glistening needles, usually melted together. Bitter taste. Odorless.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data; Natural Product
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
235 - 239
Sublimation point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
150 (80 C)
1.23 g/cm3 (19 C)
Solubility in water
1.494 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash hands before eating. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
This material is probably combustible.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause cancer according to animal studies. May cause digestive tract and cardiac disturbances. May cause reproductive and fetal effects.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Ingestion increases the metabolic rate causing warm, flushed and moist skin, muscular weakness, rapid heart rate, insomnia, nervousness, increased metabolism and weight loss. May cause ataxia, blood pressure elevation, convulsions, hallucinations, hypermotility, muscle contraction or spasticity, somnolence (general depressed activity), toxic psychosis, and tremors.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
May cause skin irritation.
Dust may cause mechanical irritation.
Induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2939 30 00