Colorless crystals or tablets with a slight odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 20/21/22 36/37/38
S 23 26 36/37/39
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.2 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
2.44 cp (101 C)
1.5942 (100 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
No special storage requirements.
Wash thoroughly after handling.
Eyes: Wear safety glasses and chemical goggles if splashing is possible. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases, lithium, hexacyclohexcyldilead.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen bromide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Water runoff can cause environmental damage. Dike and collect water used to fight fire. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water fog, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or regular foam.
Not flammable by standard tests in air
Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
TLV: 0.1 ppm; 1.4 mg/m3 (as TWA); 0.3 ppm; 4.1 mg/m3 (as STEL) (ACGIH 1991-1992). NIOSH REL: TWA 0.1 ppm (1.4 mg/m3) ST 0.3 ppm (4 mg/m3)
Chronic exposure may cause liver damage.
Poison by ingestion.
May cause burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Inhalation of dust causes severe irritation of the nose and throat. Vapors are extremely irritating to the respiratory tract.
Harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Lachrymator. Contact may cause irritation, tearing, and burning pain.
Do NOT induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed.
2903 30 36
Std. Transport #