- N-Chlorobenzenesulfonamide sodium salt
- Benzenesulfochloramide sodium
- Sodium (phenylsulfonyl)chloramide
- Sodium benzenesulfochloramide
- Sodium benzosulfochloramide
- Sodium N-chlorobenzenesulfonamide
faintly beige solid
Major uses include antibacterial, vet: topical antiseptic, chloramine b used as a disinfectant is inhibitory to escherichia coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa and staphylococcus aureus.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
22 31 34 42
7 22 26 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
Decomposition point, °C
175 - 180
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Government approved respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents Avoid contact with acid., Ammonia
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides, Sulfur oxides, Hydrogen chloride gas.
Extinguish using agent most appropriate for surrounding fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Properties of this material have not yet been prepared. Any recommendations are of a general nature. Many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested. ALWAYS contact your local poision control authority or medical professional for assistance.
Harmful if swallowed.
Material is extremely destructive to the tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.