- 2-Chloro-1-(2,4-dichlorohenyl)vinyldiethyl phosphate
Amber-colored liquid with a mild chemical odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Very toxic; Toxic; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
-23 to -19
Boiling point, °C
120 (0.001 torr)
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.36 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.5272 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Protect from moisture and store in glass or polyethylene lined containers.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear face mask and neoprene apron when unloading or handling containers containing powder, dust, or granular formulations.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
(Non-Specific -- Organophosphorus Pesticide, Liquid, n.o.s.) In case of spill or leak, do not touch spilled material; stop leak if you can do it without risk. Use water spray to reduce vapors. Small spills: take up with sand or other non-combustible absorbent material and place into containers for later disposal. Large spills: dike far ahead of spill for later disposal. Keep unnecesary people away; isolate hazard area and deny entry. Stay upwind; keep out of low areas. Ventilate closed spaces before entering them. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing at the site.
Slowly hydrolyzed by water or acid, 50% decomp occurs at 38 C in greater than 700 hr at pH 1.1, Greater than 400 hr at pH 9.1, but unstable in alkali--at 20 C 50% loss occurs in 1.28 Hr at pH 13.
Incompatible with alkaline materials.
When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of hydrogen chloride and phosphorus oxides.
(Non-Specific -- Organophosphorus Pesticide, Liquid, n.o.s.) Move container from fire area if you can do it without risk. Fight fire from maximum distance. Dike fire control water for later disposal; do not scatter the material. Wear positive pressure breathing apparatus and special protective clothing.(Non-Specific -- Organophosphorus Pesticide, Liquid, n.o.s.) Small fires: dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray, or foam. Large fires: water spray, fog, or foam.
This material may burn but does not ignite readily.
Containers may explode when heated.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Early giddiness, anxiety headache, and restlessness followed by ataxia, drowsiness, and confusion are common with moderate to severe exposures. Fasciculations, profound weakness, coma and seizures may develop in severe cases. CNS depression and seizures may be more common in children than adults.
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea are common muscarinic effects.
Highly toxic, may be fatal if inhaled, swallowed or absorbed through skin. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Sweating is a consistent but not universal sign.
Constriction of the pupil, tearing, and blurred vision are common. Prolonged dialation of the pupils may occur in severe poisonings. Opsoclonus has occurred rarely. Salivation commonly occurs.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code