- Diphenylphosphine chloride
- Diphenylphosphorus chloride
- Diphenylphosphinous chloride
Clear light yellow to yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 14 34 36
S 26 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
14 - 16
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
10 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.2293 g/cm3 (15 C)
Solubility in water
1.6365 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use. Keep away from water. Corrosives area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not allow water to get into the container because of violent reaction. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not allow contact with water. Discard contaminated shoes. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not expose spill to water. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Combines vigorously or explosively with water.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, carbon dioxide.
Extinguish using agent most appropriate for surrounding fire.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns. Lachrymator.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
2931 00 95