- Triphenylsilyl chloride
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
90 - 95
Boiling point, °C
1.0165 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.495 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Corrosives area. Store protected from moisture. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Keep container tightly closed. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not allow contact with water. Discard contaminated shoes. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May decompose on exposure to moist air or water.
Strong oxidizing agents, moisture, water.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, silicon oxide, chloride fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. In case of fire, use carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. May cause perforation of the digestive tract. May cause systemic effects.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Inhalation may be fatal as a result of spasm, inflammation, edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. May cause burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Causes skin burns. May cause skin rash (in milder cases), and cold and clammy skin with cyanosis or pale color.
Causes eye burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Do not use mouth-to-mouth respiration if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
2931 00 95