Cobalt(II) oxalate dihydrate
- Cobaltous oxalate dihydrate
- Cobalt, diaqua[ethanedioato(2-)-kO1,kO2]-, (T-4)-
- Diaquaoxalato cobalt
- Cobalt(2+) oxalate dihydrate
- Oxalic acid, cobalt(2+) salt (1:1), dihydrate
- Cobalt, diaqua[ethanedioato(2-)-O,O']-, (T-4)-
CoC2O4 : H2O
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed. Store in a cool dry place.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Cobalt/cobalt oxides.
Extinguish with water spray, carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled, or absorbed through skin. High concentrations are extremely destructive to tissues of the eyes, and skin. Targets connective tissue, liver and kidney. Symptoms of exposure may include burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.