Copper fluoborate solution (45%)
- Borate(2-), trifluorooxo-, copper(2+) (1:1), (T-4)- (
Clear, blue, homogeneous solution.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Vapor pressure, mmHg
<17.5 (25 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool dry location, away from incompatible materials.
Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Do not breath vapors. Wash thoroughly after handling. Contaminated clothing should be laundered before reuse. This material should only be handled in a hood.
Use ANSI approved chemical goggles and neoprene gloves and protective clothing.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for exposure of concerned. Use NIOSH/MSHA approved safety equipment.
Cover spill with soda ash or sodium bicarbonate. Mix and spray with water. If effervescent, wait until reaction is complete. Scoop into large beaker. Persons not wearing proper personal protective equipment should be excluded from area of spill.
Stable at normal temperratures and pressures.
Boron trifluoride, hydrogen fluoride.
Wear NIOSH/MSHA approved SCBA and full protective equipment. Use an extinguishing media appropriate for surrounding fire.
Overexposure to this material (or its components) has been suggested as a cause of the following effects in laboratory animals: liver abnormalities, kidney damage.
Swallowing this material may be harmful or fatal. Symptoms may include severe stomach and intestinal irritation (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), abdominal pain, and vomiting of blood. Swallowing this material may cause burns and destroy tissue in the mouth, throat, and digestive tract. Low blood pressure and shock may occur as a result of severe tissue injury.
It is possible to breathe this material under certain conditions of handling and use (for example, during heating, spraying, or stirring). Breathing this material may be harmful or fatal. Symptoms may include severe irritation and burns to the nose, throat, and respiratory tract. Exposure to freshly formed fumes from heated metal may cause metal fume fever. This illness comes on a few hours after exposure. It is characterized by chills, fever, and other flu-like symptoms including nausea, coughing, and congestion. This illness is temporary and tends to be more severe on the first day of the work week.
May cause permanent sking damage. Redness, burning, swelling of skin and other sking damage.
May cause permanent injury. Stinging, tearing, redness and swelling of eyes. Can result in blindness.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention; keep person warm and quiet. If person is not breathing, begin artificial If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen.
Immediately flush skin with water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Seek immediate medical attention. Wash clothing before reuse and discard contaminated shoes.
If material gets into the eyes, immediately flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart. If symptoms develop as a result of vapor exposure, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air before flushing as recommended above. Seek immediate medical attention.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code