- Naphthenic acid, copper salt
- Cuprinol green
- Cunapsol 5
- Naphthex Cu
A green colored liquid with a petroleum-like odor.
Fungicide, mammal repellent.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Flammable; Harmful; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
1.055 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in well ventilated area keep away from heat.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Goggles or face shield; plastic gloves (as for gasoline).
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Keep sparks, flames, and other sources of ignition away. Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Build dikes to contain flow as necessary. Use water spray to knock-down vapors.
Reacts as bases to neutralize acids.
On combustion, forms toxic gases.
Do not extinguish fire unless flow can be stopped. Use water in flooding quantities as fog. Solid streams of water may be ineffective. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible. Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion and poison hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Increased temperature may be noted in some cases. Abnormally low blood pressure may occur. Mental status may be depressed.
Gastroenteritis with vomiting may occur after ingestion of some copper salts. Mucosal erosions, a metallic taste, burning epigastric sensation and diarrhea may also occur.
Metal fume fever, wheezing and rales have been reported in workers exposed to fine copper dust. Dyspnea has developed after oral copper exposure. Pulmonary edema and alveolar inflammation have been noted in animals.
Skin exposure can produce in severe irritation, itching, erythema, dermatitis and eczema; systemic toxicity may result.
Do NOT induce vomiting; guard against aspiration into lungs.
Remove victim to fresh air.
Wipe off and wash with soap and water.
Wash with copious amounts of water for at least 15 min.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code
Std. Transport #