- Cupric molybdate
- Copper molybdenum oxide
- Molybdic acid (H2MoO4), copper(2+) salt (1:1)
- Copper molybdenum tetraoxide
Odorless, green powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R: 36/37 48/20/22
S: 22 25
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
3.4 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly sealed. Store in cool, dry conditions in well sealed containers.
Protective work clothing. Chemical protective gloves. Safety glasses or goggles.
Decomposition will not occur if used and stored according to specifications.
Use fire fighting measures that suit the surrounding fire. Wear self-contained respirator. Wear fully protective impervious suit.
Product is not flammable.
NIOSH TWA: 1 mg/m3 (as Cu, dust); NIOSH PEL: 5 mg/m3 (as Mo)
Acute molybdenum poisoning may cause severe gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, coma and death from cardiac failure. Chronic molybdenum poisoning in laboratory animals has caused loss of weight, anorexia, anemia, deficient lactation, male sterility, osteoporosis and bone joint abnormalities. Copper compounds may be irritating to the skin, eyes and respiratory tract. They may cause metal fume fever, hemolysis of the red blood cells and injury to the liver, lungs, kidneys and pancreas. Ingestion may also cause vomiting, gastric pain, dizziness, anemia, cramps, convulsions, shock, coma and death.
Seek immediate medical treatment.
Supply fresh air. If required, provide artificial respiration. Keep patient warm. Seek immediate medical advice.
Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly. Seek immediate medical advice.
Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. Then consult a doctor.