- O-3-Chloro-4-methyl-2-oxo-2H-chromen-7-yl O,O-diethyl phosphorothioate
- Phosphorothioic acid O-(3-chloro-4-methyl-2-oxo-2H-1-benzopyran-7-yl) O,O-diethyl ester
- O,O-diethyl o-(3-chloro-4-methyl-7-coumarinyl)phosphorothioate
- O,O-diethyl 3-chloro-4-methyl-7-umbelliferone thiophosphate
Slightly brownish crystals with a slight sulfurous odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Very toxic; Harmful; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Tumorigen; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
97.8 - 98.2
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
3E-8 (25 C)
Odor Threshold Odor threshold 20 ppb in water
1.31 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Tightly closed containers. Keep away from heat and water.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Must wear a respirator with an activated-carbon gas filter cartridge affording protection for a determined number of working hours.
Do not touch spilled material; stop leak if you can do it without risk. Use water spray to reduce vapors. Small spills: take up with sand or other noncombustible absorbent material and place into containers for later disposal. Small dry spills: with clean shovel, place material into clean, dry container and cover; move containers from spill area. Large spills: dike far ahead of spill for later disposal.
Reacts with strong oxidizing agents and alkaline materials.
When heated to decomposition, it will release toxic and irritating oxides of sulfur, phosphorus and chlorides.
Use organic vapor respirator, rubber gloves, and goggles. Dike fire control water for disposal later.This material may burn but does not ignite easily.Extinguish with water, foam, carbon dioxide, or dry chemicals
When heated to decomposition, it emits very toxic fumes of sulfur oxides, phosphorus oxides, and chlorides. Incompatible with piperonyl butoxide. Stable in water.
Toxic and irritating oxides of sulfur and phosphorus may form in fire.
Fever, low heart rate and abnormally low blood pressure, or rapid heart rate and elevated blood pressure may occur. Headache, dizziness, muscle spasms and profound weakness are common. Alterations of level of consciousness, anxiety, paralysis, seizures and coma may occur. Seizures may be more common in children.
Vomiting, hypersalivation, diarrhea, fecal incontinence and abdominal pain may occur.
Acute respiratory insufficiency is the main cause of death in acute poisonings.
Sweating is a consistent but not universal sign.
Constriction of the pupil, tearing, and blurred vision are common. Prolonged dialation of the pupils may occur in severe poisonings. Opsoclonus has been reported in one case. Excessive salivation commonly occurs.
The possible benefit of early removal of some ingested material by cautious gastric lavage must be weighed against potential complications of bleeding or perforation. Activated charcoal activated charcoal binds most toxic agents and can decrease their systemic absorption if administered soon after ingestion. Activated charcoal: administer charcoal as a slurry (240 ml water/30 g charcoal). Usual dose: 25 to 100 g in adults/adolescents.
Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation, bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with beta2 agonist and corticosteroid aerosols.
Remove all exposed clothing and jewelry taking necessary precautions to prevent secondary exposure to health care providers. Irrigate exposed areas promptly with copious amounts of water for at least 30 minutes. Wash the skin, including hair and nails, vigorously; do repeated soap washings. Discard contaminated clothing.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code