- Sodium 2-(2,4-dichloro-phenoxy)ethyl sulfate
- 2-(2,4-dichlorophenoxy)ethyl hydrogen sulphate sodium salt
Colorless to white crystalline solid. Odorless.
Used as an herbicide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Decomposition point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1 (25 C)
1.70 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
25 g / 100 ml
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in well ventilated area.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate eye protection and protective clothing to prevent skin and eye contact.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for exposure of concern.
Evacuate area and ventilate. Wear protective equipment. If required, use an inert absrobent. Sweep up and place in an appropriate container for disposal. Wash contaminated surfaces.
Avoid contact with strong oxidizers, acids.
Decomposition @ boiling point when heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of cl-, na2o and sox.
Self-contained breathing apparatus, rubber gloves, hats, suits and boots must be worn. Highly toxic fumes are imminent.
OSHA PEL: TWA 15 mg/m3 (total) TWA 5 mg/m3 (resp) NIOSH REL: TWA 10 mg/m3 (total) TWA 5 mg/m3 (resp) NIOSH IDLH: 500 mg/m3
Seizures have occurred in animals and humans. Coma, muscle fasciculations, and flaccid paralysis may also occur.
Sesone is a gi irritant in high concentrations. Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea may occur.
Pulmonary hemorrhage occurred in fatally poisoned animals.
Necrosis and edema were seen when a 5% solution in acetone was applied to rabbit skin. A 1% solution did not produce harm.
Corneal necrosis developed when a 5% solution was dropped into rabbit eyes. Constriction of the pupil may be present in overdose.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.