- Cupric subacetate
- Copper(II) acetate monohydrate
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
harmful, irritant, dangerous for the environment
S 22 36/37
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide
Japan ENCS (MITI)
C4H6CuO4 . H2O
Melting point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
1.88 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, oxides of copper.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
Containers may explode when heated.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
NIOSH REL*: TWA 1 mg/m3 OSHA PEL*: TWA 1 mg/m3 [*Note: REL and PEL also apply to other copper compounds (as Cu) except copper fume.] IDLH 100 mg/m3 (as Cu)
3 (Strong toxins)
Chronic exposure may cause liver damage. Individuals with Wilson's disease are unable to metabolize copper. Thus, copper accumulates in various tissues and may result in liver, kidney, and brain damage.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause liver damage. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2915 29 00