Cyclobutyl 4-fluorophenyl ketone
- Methanone, cyclobutyl(4-fluorophenyl)-
Clear yellow liquid. Characteristic odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A NIOSH/MSHA approved or European Standard EN 149 air purifying respirator with an organic vapor cartridge or canister may be permissible under certain circumstances where airborne concentrations are expected. A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Scoop up with a nonsparking tool, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Clean up residual material by washing area with a 2-5% solution of soda ash.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. This material may be sensitive to peroxide formation.
Iospropyl alcohol is incompatible with strong oxidizers, acetaldeyde, chlorine, ethylene oxide, acids and isocyanates, hydrogen + palladium, nitroform, oleum, phosgene, potassium t-butoxide, oxygen, trinitromethane, barium perchlorate, tetrafluoroborate, chromium trioxide, sodium dichromate + sulfuric acid, aluminum, and aluminum triisopropoxide. It also is susceptible to autoxidation and should therefore be considered peroxidizable.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, acrid smoke and fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. This chemical poses an explosion hazard. May form explosive peroxides. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Water may be ineffective.
May cause allergic skin reaction in some individuals.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause kidney damage. May cause central nervous system depression, characterized by excitement, followed by headache, dizziness, drowsiness, and nausea. Advanced stages may cause collapse, unconsciousness, coma and possible death due to respiratory failure.
Inhalation of high concentrations may cause central nervous system effects characterized by headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. Inhalation of vapor may cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause defatting of the skin and dermatitis. May cause irritation with pain and stinging, especially if the skin is abraded.
Produces irritation, characterized by a burning sensation, redness, tearing, inflammation, and possible corneal injury.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.