Used to kill fungus.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Mutagenic Category 3; Toxic for reproduction Category 2; Very toxic; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
119.5 - 121
Boiling point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Reduce airborne dust and prevent scattering by moistening with water. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
When exposed to heat, it emits toxic fumes, including nitrogen oxides.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Repeated exposure may cause sensitization dermatitis. May cause reproductive and fetal effects.
May be fatal if swallowed. Poison by ingestion. Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
Causes severe skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Induce vomiting by giving one teaspoon of Syrup of Ipecac.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code