- (RS)-alpha-Cyano-3-phenoxybenzyl (Z)-(1RS,3RS)-(2-chloro-3,3,3-trifluoropropenyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate
- Cyclopropanecarboxylic acid, 3-(2-chloro-3,3,3-trifluoro-1-propenyl)-2,2-dimethyl-, cyano(3-phenoxyphenyl)methyl ester
- alpha-Cyano-3-phenoxybenzyl 3-(2-Chloro-3,3,3-Trifluoroprop-1-enyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate
The material is used as an insecticide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
187-190 (0.2 torr)
Vapor pressure, mmHg
8E-9 (25 C)
1.25 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Pyrethrins with piperonyl butoxide topical preparations should be stored in well-closed containers at a temperature less than 40C, preferably between 15-30C.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Avoid contact with strong oxidizers. Incompatible with lime and ordinary soaps because acids and alkalies speed up processes of hydrolysis. Pyrethrins slowly hydrolyzed by water in sunlight at pH 7-9, more rapidly at pH > 9.
Decomposes at 275 C when heated to decomposition it emits toxic vapors of nitrogen oxides, hydrogen fluoride, hydrogen chloride.
Use carbon dioxide, foam, or dry chemical on fires involving pyrethroids.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain commonly occur and develop within 10 to 60 minutes following ingestion.
Hypersensitivity reactions characterized by pneumonitis, cough, dyspnea, wheezing, chest pain, and bronchospasm may occur. Rare cases of respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary arrest have been reported.
Irritant and contact dermatitis may develop. Erythema which mimics sunburn has also been noted after prolonged repeated exposure.
A stuffy, runny nose and scratchy throat following inhalational exposure may be noted.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists. Vitamin e topical application is highly effective in relieving paresthesias.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.
I; II; III