Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
68 - 70
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
8E-7 (25 C)
1.21 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Government approved respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Properties of this material have not yet been prepared. Any recommendations are of a general nature. Many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested. ALWAYS contact your local poision control authority or medical professional for assistance.
May be harmful if swallowed.
Material is irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
Causes skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Causes eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water.
In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes.