- 3-Phenoxybenzyl (1R)-cis-trans-chrysanthemate
- (3-Phenoxyphenyl)methyl 2,2-dimethyl-3-(2-methyl-1-propenyl)cyclopropanecarboxylate
- 3-Phenoxybenzyl 2-dimethyl-3-(methylpropenyl)cyclopropanecarboxylate
Pale yellow to yellow-brown liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen
Swiss Giftliste 1
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.06 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.5465 (25 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Ventilate well. Store in closed drum in cool, dry place. Pyrethrins with piperonyl butoxide topical preparations should be stored in well-closed containers at a temperature less than 40C, preferably between 15-30C.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Employees should be provided with and required to use dust- and splash-proof safety goggles where pyrethroids may contact the eyes. Pyrethroids.
Use NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for exposure of concern.
Evacuate area and ventilate. Wear protective equipment. If required, use an inert absrobent. Sweep up and place in an appropriate container for disposal. Wash contaminated surfaces.
Incompatible with alkaline materials. Incompatible with lime and ordinary soaps because acids and alkalies speed up processes of hydrolysis.
When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes.
Use carbon dioxide, foam, or dry chemical on fires involving pyrethroids.
Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain commonly occur and develop within 10 to 60 minutes following ingestion.
Hypersensitivity reactions characterized by pneumonitis, cough, dyspnea, wheezing, chest pain, and bronchospasm may occur. Rare cases of respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary arrest have been reported.
Irritant and contact dermatitis may develop. Erythema which mimics sunburn has also been noted after prolonged repeated exposure.
A stuffy, runny nose and scratchy throat following inhalational exposure may be noted.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists. Vitamin e topical application is highly effective in relieving paresthesias.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.