- ACT D
- Actinomycin D
- Actinomycin I
- Actinomycin X 1
- Actinomycin C1
- Actinomycin I1
Bright red crystalline powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Tumorigen; Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data; Natural Product; Primary Irritant
Melting point, °C
246 - 247
Solubility in water
1 g in 25 ml of @ 10 C
Partition coefficient, pKow
3.21 @ pH of 7.4
Hazards and Protection.
Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Refrigerator (approx 4 C).
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Wash area with soap and water. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases, strong acids
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
This material is probably combustible.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May be fatal if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause loss of hearing. May cause neuromuscular paralysis.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. Inhalation may produce coughing, nausea, and pulmonary edema.
May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material.
May cause severe eye irritation. May cause eye injury.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III