- Cyclic dimethylsiloxane pentamer
- Dimethylsiloxane pentamer
Intermediate for silicone fluids.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
101 (20 torr)
0.958 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
(20 C) insoluble
1.3980 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Keep away from heat and open flame. Store in a cool dry place.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles.
Government approved respirator.
Cover with dry lime or soda ash, pick up, keep in a closed container, and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Silicon oxide, Formaldehyde.
Extinguish using Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions. Combustible liquid.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Properties of this material have not yet been prepared. Any recommendations are of a general nature. Many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested. ALWAYS contact your local poision control authority or medical professional for assistance.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause irritation or burns.
Causes skin irritation. Multiple Routes: May be harmful by inhalation, ingestion, or skin absorption. Vapor or mist is irritating to the eyes, mucous membranes, and upper respiratory tract.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water.
In case of contact, immediately flush eyes with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes.
2931 00 95