- Trifluoroacetic acid-d
- [2H]Trifluoroacetic acid
- Trifluoroacetic acid-d1
- Trifluoroacetic acid-carboxy-d
Clear colorless to faint yellow liquid. Acetic odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
harmful, corrosive, dangerous for the environment
R 20 35 52/53
S 9 26 27 28.1 36/37/39 45 61
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
83 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not ingest or inhale.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, fluoride fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
3 (Strong toxins)
Harmful if swallowed. May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.
2845 90 10