- Methan-d3-ol, sulfate (2:1)
Clear, colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
carcinogenic, very toxic, corrosive
R 45 E25 E26 34
S 53 45
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.85 (25 C)
Solubility in water
28 g/L (18 C)
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents - strong bases - ammonia - sodium azide.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Combustible Liquid. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause cancer in humans.
Poison by ingestion. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. Causes severe pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and shock.
May be fatal if inhaled. Effects may be delayed. May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Inhalation may be fatal as a result of spasm, inflammation, edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema.
Causes skin burns. Causes redness and pain.
Causes eye burns. Causes redness and pain.
Get medical aid immediately. Wash mouth out with water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
2845 90 10