- Dibutylbis((1-oxododecyl)-oxy) stannane
Clear yellow viscous liquid.
Stabilizer for polyvinyl chloride resins.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
irritant, harmful, dangerous for the environment
R 25 48/23/25 36/38 52/53
S 26 36/37/39 45 60 61
Organometallic; Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
16 - 18
Boiling point, °C
205 (12 torr)
Vapor pressure, mmHg
Vapor density (air=1)
1.066 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
42 cp at 25C
1.4683 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Safety goggles or face shields should be worn (8 inch minimum). Impervious clothing should include gloves, aprons, and suits. Wear appropriate chemical protective gloves, boots and goggles.
Wear a NIOSH-approved half face respirator equipped with an organic vapor/acid gas cartridge (specific for organic vapors, HCl, acid gas and SO2) with a dust/mist filter.
If you spill this chemical, use absorbent paper to pick up all liquid spill material. Your contaminated clothing and absorbent paper should be sealed in a vapor-tight plastic bag for eventual disposal. Solvent wash all contaminated surfaces with alcohol followed by washing with a strong soap and water solution. Do not reenter the contaminated area until the Safety Officer (or other responsible person) has verified that the area has been properly cleaned.
It lacks any great stability at high temperatures.
Incompatible with acids and bases Incompatible with oxidizing agents.
Fires involving this compound should be controlled using a dry chemical, carbon dioxide or Halon extinguisher.
This chemical is combustible.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Toxic gases and vapors may be released in a fire involving organic tin compounds.
NIOSH REL*: TWA 2 mg/m3 OSHA PEL*: TWA 2 mg/m3 [*Note: REL and PEL also apply to other inorganic tin compounds (as Sn) except tin oxides.] IDLH 100 mg/m3 (as Sn)
Triphenyl tin: encephalopathy, polyneuropathy trimethyl tin: tinnitus, lightheadedness, aggression, unresponsiveness; seizures in one human case and in experimental animals tributyl tin: weakness, loss of appetite, headache trialkyl tin: eeg abnormalities and altered consciousness diiododiethyl tin: headache and cerebral edema
Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite and sore throat have been reported.
TOXIC; inhalation, ingestion, or skin contact with material may cause severe injury or death. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed.
Some tin compounds may cause sensitization, irritation or burns, and may be percutaneously absorbed.
Stannic chloride, when mixed with water, fumes, releasing an agent which is corrosive and irritating to eyes, nose and skin. Trialkyl tins may produce ocular irritation.
Seek medical assistance.
IMMEDIATELY leave the contaminated area; take deep breaths of fresh air. If symptoms (such as wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, or burning in the mouth, throat, or chest) develop, call a physician and be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital. Provide proper respiratory protection to rescuers entering an unknown atmosphere. Whenever possible, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) should be used.
IMMEDIATELY flood affected skin with water while removing and isolating all contaminated clothing. Gently wash all affected skin areas thoroughly with soap and water. If symptoms such as redness or irritation develop, IMMEDIATELY call a physician and be prepared to transport the victim to a hospital for treatment.
First check the victim for contact lenses and remove if present. Flush victim's eyes with water or normal saline solution for 20 to 30 minutes while simultaneously calling a hospital or poison control center. Do not put any ointments, oils, or medication in the victim's eyes without specific instructions from a physician. IMMEDIATELY transport the victim after flushing eyes to a hospital even if no symptoms (such as redness or irritation) develop.
I; II; III
2931 00 95