White crystalline solid with a heavy sweet odor.
Pesticide coupling reagent.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Toxic; Harmful; Irritant; Sensitising
R 22 24 41 43
S 24 26 37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
35 - 36
Boiling point, °C
155 (11 torr)
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.95 g/cm3 (40 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not ingest or inhale. Wash clothing before reuse. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Acids and oxidizing agents. Reacts with moisture.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
This chemical is probably combustible.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
2925 20 00