Diethyl hydrogen phosphite
- Diethyl acid phosphite
- Diethyl phosphite
- Diethyl phosphonate
- Hydrogen diethyl phosphite
Clear, colorless liquid.
Textile finishing agent, antioxidant, additive for adhesives & for extreme pressure lubricant, chemical intermediate for organic phosphorus compounds.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.093 g/cm3 (0 C)
Solubility in water
30.79 g/s2 (20 C)
1.4057 (18.4 C)
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Wear appropriate safety goggles, protective clothing and gloves.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents - moist air or water - strong bases - strong acids - acid chlorides.
Phosphine, carbon monoxide, oxides of phosphorus, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. In case of fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Harmful by inhalation.
Irritating. Harmful on contact with the skin.
Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.