A colorless liquid with a pungent odor.
Intermediate for silicones.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
flammable, harmful, corrosive
R 10 22 34
S 16 23 26 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
Vapor density (air=1)
1.0538 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4295 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Corrosives area.
Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Keep sparks, flames, and other sources of ignition away. Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Build dikes to contain flow as necessary. Attempt to stop leak if without undue personnel hazard. Use water spray to knock-down vapors. Do not use water on material itself. Neutralize spilled material with crushed limestone, soda ash, or lime.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Vapors form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Substance will react with water (some violently) releasing flammable, toxic or corrosive gases and runoff. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated or if contaminated with water.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
2931 00 95
Std. Transport #