- Spiro[8H-naphth[2',1':4,5]indeno[2,1-b]furan-8,2'-[2H]pyran], b-D-galactopyranoside deriv.
Crystals or white powder.
Clinical reagent of cholesterol determination.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
265 - 270
Vapor density (air=1)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizers and strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide or chemical foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
This material is probably combustible.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III