- Diazenedicarboxylic acid, bis(1-methylethyl) ester
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
irritant, dangerous for the environment
R 36/38 51/53
S 26 36 60 61
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
3 - 5
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
7.8 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.04 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.42 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Refrigerator (approx 4 C). Store protected from light.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Store protected from light. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Dust is irritating to the respiratory tract. Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin irritation. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2927 00 00