- Propanedioic acid, methoxy-, dimethyl ester
Clear, colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
11 - 12
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.15 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.42 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2918 90 90