A yellow solid.
Insecticide, fungicide, herbicide, defoliant. Former use.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Mutagenic Category 3; Very toxic; Irritant; Sensitising; Risk of explosion if heated under confinement; Dangerous for the Environment
R 26/27/28 38 41 43 44 50/53 68
S 36/37 45 60 61
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Human Data; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
7.6E-5 (25 C)
1.58 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Poison room locked.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. This material poses an explosion hazard when dry. May polymerize explosively when involved in a fire. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Combustible material; may burn but does not ignite readily. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, alcohol-resistant foam, or water spray. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
May burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards. May polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff may pollute waterways. Substance may be transported in a molten form.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
NIOSH REL: TWA 0.2 mg/m3 [skin] OSHA PEL: TWA 0.2 mg/m3 [skin] IDLH 5 mg/m3
May cause liver and kidney damage. There is a danger of cumulative effects. Possible risk of irreversible effects.
May be fatal if swallowed. May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause liver and kidney damage. Can cause nervous system damage. Human fatalities have been reported from acute poisoning.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
May cause skin irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. May cause skin discoloration.
Causes eye irritation. May cause conjunctivitis and corneal inflammation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
USCG CHRIS Code
Std. Transport #