Orange-brown viscous liquid or orange-brown solid. Orange crystals when pure. Has a pungent odor.
Miticide - former use, herbicide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Risk of explosion if heated under confinement; Toxic; Toxic for reproduction Category 2; Toxic for reproduction Category 3; Irritant; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Tumorigen; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0002 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.2647 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in well ventilated area.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Protective gloves and clothing. Safety goggles, face shield or eye protection in combination with breathing protection.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
This is a dinitrophenol herbicide. (Non-Specific -- Dinitrophenol, Flammable Solid) Do not handle broken packages without protective equipment. Wash away any material which may have contacted the body with copious amounts of water. Keep sparks, flames, and other sources of ignition away. Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Keep spilled material wet. Do not attempt to sweep up dry material.
2-year shelf life minimum; dow general weed killer: 2-year shelf life minimum.
This is a dinitrophenol herbicide. (Non-Specific -- Dinitrophenol, Flammable Solid) Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing. If fire becomes uncontrollable, evacuate for a radius of 5000 feet.This material is a dinitrophenol herbicide. (Non-Specific -- Dinitrophenol, Flammable Solid) Extinguish by flooding with water. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
An elevated respiratory rate and blood pressure, and fever with diaphoresis are commonly seen. Rapid heart rate frequently occurs in acute poisoning. Personality changes, toxic psychosis, night sweats, and lethargy have been described after acute dermal and inhalational dinoseb exposure.
Intermittent abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and excessive thirst have been described. The stools may be a bright yellow color.
Intermittent chest pain has been described in a patient with dermal and inhalational dinoseb exposure. Shortness of breath and hemoptysis have been described following acute dermal and inhalational dinoseb exposure.
Yellow staining of the skin, hair, and nails may be seen if direct contact occurs. Profuse sweating or shivering may be noted. Systemic dinoseb poisoning may be manifested by facial flushing.
Dinoseb caused severe irritation and permanent corneal damage when instilled into rabbit eyes. The sclera may be stained yellow.
The possible benefit of early removal of some ingested material by cautious gastric lavage must be weighed against potential complications of bleeding or perforation. Activated charcoal activated charcoal binds most toxic agents and can decrease their systemic absorption if administered soon after ingestion. Activated charcoal: administer charcoal as a slurry (240 ml water/30 g charcoal). Usual dose: 25 to 100 g in adults/adolescents.
Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation, bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with beta2 agonist and corticosteroid aerosols.
Remove contaminated clothing and jewelry. Wash the skin, including hair and nails, vigorously; do repeated soap washings. Discard contaminated clothing. Cutaneous exposure is usually accompanied by a yellowish discoloration which does not have to be removed entirely to prevent absorption.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code