- Iodonium, diphenyl-, nitrate
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 8 36/37/38
S 17 26 36
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Do not store near combustible materials. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from light.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with clothing and other combustible materials. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Store protected from light.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear a chemical apron. Wear appropriate clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not use combustible materials such as paper towels to clean up spill.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, reducing agents.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, hydrogen iodide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Strong oxidizer. Contact with combustible materials may cause a fire. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Use water with caution and in flooding amounts. Some oxidizers may react explosively with hydrocarbons(fuel). Containers may explode when heated. Extinguishing media: Contact professional fire-fighters immediately. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. For small fires DO NOT use dry chemicals, carbon dioxide, halon or foams. USE WATER ONLY. For large fires, flood fire area with water from a distance.
May cause methemoglobinemia, which is characterized by chocolate-brown colored blood, headache, weakness, dizziness, breath shortness, cyanosis, rapid heart rate, unconsciousness and possible death.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Methemoglobinemia is characterized by dizziness, drowsiness, headache, breath shortness, cyanosis with bluish skin, rapid heart rate and chocolate-brown colored blood. Ingestion of nitrate containing compounds can lead to methemoglobinemia. The liver, cardiovasular system, and the central and peripheral nervous sytems may be affected. Peripheral nervous system effects are characterized by muscular weakness, paresthesias, numbness in limbs, unsteadiness and difficulties in walking and standing. May cause cardiac arrhythmias, hypotension, and albuminuria. May cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, possibly with blood.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause methemoglobinemia, cyanosis, convulsions, tachycardia, dyspnea, and death. Methemoglobinemia is characterized by dizziness, drowsiness, headache, breath shortness, cyanosis with bluish skin, rapid heart rate and chocolate-brown blood. May cause acute pulmonary edema, asphyxia, chemical pneumonitis, and upper airway obstruction caused by edema.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns. Absorption into the body may cause cyanosis.
May cause eye irritation. May cause permanent corneal opacification. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.