- Phosphorodithioc acid, o,o-diethyl[2-(ethylthio)ethyl]ester
Disulfoton mixture, dry is a dark yellow oily liquid with a characteristic sulfur odor, absorbed on a dry carrier.
Insecticide for mites & aphids on small grains, corn & sorghum, cotton, other field crops, vegetables, fruit & nuts, ornamentals.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Very toxic; Dangerous for the Environment
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Mutagen; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
110 - 112
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.00018 (25 C)
1.1446 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.5088 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Tightly closed containers. Keep away from heat and water.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Must wear a respirator with an activated-carbon gas filter cartridge affording protection for a determined number of working hours.
Keep sparks, flames, and other sources of ignition away. Keep material out of water sources and sewers. Land spill: Dig a pit, pond, lagoon, holding area to contain liquid or solid material. Cover solids with a plastic sheet to prevent dissolving in rain or fire fighting water. Water spill: Use natural deep water pockets, excavated lagoons, or sand bag barriers to trap material at bottom. If dissolved, in region of 10 ppm or greater concentration, apply activated carbon at ten times the spilled amount. Use mechanical dredges or lifts to remove immobilized masses of pollutants and precipitates.
Incompatible with the following: Alkalis.
Extinguish fire using agent suitable for type of surrounding fire. (Material itself does not burn or burns with difficulty.) Use water in flooding quantities as fog. Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Cool all affected containers with flooding quantities of water. Apply water from as far a distance as possible. Keep run-off water out of sewers and water sources.
Combustible, but flammable in xylene solution.
Material may burn but does not ignite easily. Cylinder may explode in the heat of fire. Poisonous gases may be generated from the fire or runoff water. Oxidizable in air.
Highly toxic oxides of sulfur and phosphorus are emitted.
NIOSH REL: TWA 0.1 mg/m3 [skin]
Fever, low heart rate and abnormally low blood pressure, or rapid heart rate and elevated blood pressure may occur. Headache, dizziness, muscle spasms and profound weakness are common. Alterations of level of consciousness, anxiety, paralysis, seizures and coma may occur. Seizures may be more common in children.
Vomiting, hypersalivation, diarrhea, fecal incontinence and abdominal pain may occur.
Dyspnea, rales, bronchorrhea, bronchospasm, or tachypnea may be noted. Noncardiogenic pulmonary edema may occur in severe cases. Chemical pneumonitis may be seen.
Sweating is a consistent but not universal sign.
Constriction of the pupil, tearing, and blurred vision are common. Prolonged dialation of the pupils may occur in severe poisonings. Opsoclonus has been reported in one case. Salivation commonly occurs.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
I; II; III
USCG CHRIS Code
Std. Transport #