- Methane-d3-, sulfinylbis-
Clear, colorless - clear liquid. Garlic-like - slight - sulforous odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
19 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
8.0 g/m3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.48 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Do not flush into a sewer.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
F (Not subject to toxicity classification)
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
Substance is rapidly absorbed through the skin. Contact with the skin may cause urticaria (hives). Causes irritation with burning pain, scaling, itching and redness. If absorbed through the skin may produce nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, chest pains, and drowsiness. It may also produce garlic odor on the breath, and transient hemolysis with hemoglubinuria. May facilitate the penetration of toxins into the body by increasing the permeability of the barrier layer of the skin. One fatality has been attributed to a hypersensitivity reaction.
Produces irritation, characterized by a burning sensation, redness, tearing, inflammation, and possible corneal injury.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.
2845 90 10